UPDATE!!! -Extended deadline.
Music My Pet Video Contest: $150 grand prize!!!
$75.00 2nd prize, $50.00 3rd prize.
Dear friends of Music My Pet. We are currently seeking videos which show pets actively responding to Music My Pet. Most of you already know how effective Music My Pet can be in calming pets; however, we’d like to share your results with the rest of the world to show exactly how our product works in action. Your video should show a pet's transition from stressful behavior (e.g. pacing, barking, panting, scratching, general restlessness) to a state of complete relaxation (or, as we’ve seen in most cases, asleep!) while listening to Music My Pet. Contestants may post videos on You Tube and provide us with a link for viewing. On or about 8:00 PM, Monday, October 31, 2011, a prize of $150 will be awarded for the best video as determined by the staff at Music My Pet. The winning video will be used for any and all promotional efforts related to Music My Pet (including www.musicmypet.com, YouTube, Facebook, any and all social media, websites as well as trade shows and other forms of advertising). Please note that we reserve the right not to use or choose a winning video at our discretion.
Judging CriteriaThree videos will be selected from all uploaded submissions.
The winner(s) selected from the submissions will be selected by Music My Pet staff.
The committee will consider the following criteria in determining the:
- Visual & audio clarity
- Appropriateness of theme
- Effectiveness of Message
- Entertainment value
- Your pet must be shown transitioning from an active to restful state because they or it is listening to Music My Pet CD(s).
Submission SuggestionsBelow is a list of ideas that could be incorporated into your video:
- Your pet must be shown transitioning from an active to restful state because they or it is listening to Music My Pet CD(s).
- The Music My Pet video contest is open to anyone 18 years or older.
- All submissions must be original and may not include images or music under copyright. Videos must be in compliance with all United States copyright laws. Videos not in compliance will be eliminated from the contest.
- Videos must be produced in accordance with all YouTube rules & policies (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and http://www.youtube.com/t/privacy. Any video submission displaying illegal acts or acts not in compliance with Music My Pet policies (http://www.musicmypet.com/site.php?id=policies) will be eliminated from the contest.
- By entering the contest, the entrants (a) agree to the official rules and the decisions of the judges which shall be final in all respects; (b) consent to the use of winners' names and likenesses, the name of his/her group and any statements, quotes or testimonials, photographs, designs, and/or any other audio-visual materials provided by the entrant, for advertising and publicity purposes and grants Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet the right to reprint, display, reproduce and exhibit the entry without limitation. No other compensation in any manner will be paid to any entrant of the video contest for the submission to Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet or Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet’s future use of the video in any manner. If you want to remove your video from the competition, you may do so by requesting Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet delete your video from its competition prior to the announcement of the winner on or about 8:00 PM, Monday, October 31, 2011.
- There is no limit on the number of videos someone may submit.
- Must be able to provide Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet with an original video file if you win.
- Videos containing any sort of logos, watermarks, official credits, credits of your own creation, video bumpers before or after your video that are not actually yours, fan-sub subtitles, corporate subtitles, or any other graphic or lettering not specifically of your own creation may be disqualified. Audio containing any U.S. commercially produced dubbed voice-overs may be disqualified.
- All submissions to Music My Pet will be pre-screened for content and audio/video quality. Follow a general “G” rating content guideline for audio/video content. Videos deemed inappropriate will be disqualified from the Music My Pet Contest. Disqualifying content is not limited to, but includes, excessive violence, excessive sexual content, and strong language.
- Music My Pet reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entries deemed inappropriate or to disqualify any entry for failure to completely provide the information that is requested.
- Limit one winner per immediate family. "Immediate family" refers to parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren, and grandparents. Employees and volunteers of Music My Pet, any co-sponsoring entities, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Music My Pet upon request. Music My Pet will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Winners of a Music My Pet contest within the past 60 days are not eligible. Music My Pet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
- Music My Pet is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, inaudible, not visible, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries generated by any automated means are void.
Contest is open to USA residents only. No purchase is necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
The personal information you submit on the entry form will only be used to contact you in the event you win the contest or if there is a question or issue regarding your video or its content. We will not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about you, unless required for law enforcement or by statute. As your video will be made available to the public, you should not include personal information about yourself or anyone else in the video. All information collected on the entry form will be deleted at the conclusion of the contest. Music My Pet is using YouTube to host the videos for this contest. You are subject to YouTube's use, privacy, cookie, and security provisions also. Those provisions can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/t/privacy_at_youtube.
Music My Pet is not responsible for technical difficulties, which may prohibit the transmission of electronic submission of entries. Music My Pet is not responsible for late, lost, undeliverable email, or for publishing errors in the contest materials or these rules.
- Disclaimer and Force Majeure. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control-this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or any other transmission, cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to telephone, cell phone or other device or computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants' ISP, DSL, telephone, or cable modem access, "worms," or viruses; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entries; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in their sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
List of Winners will be posted on our website; www.musicmypet.com, Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-My-Pet/76666618362, Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/MusicMyPet & YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicMyPet1 pages.
By submitting an entry, the entrant shall be deemed to have consented to the use of his/her name in any manner Music My Pet may determine, including the posting of the name of the winner on websites affiliated with Music My Pet.
In accepting the prize, the winner, acknowledges that Music My Pet may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
Video SubmissionsAcceptable formats for submission include: QuickTime (.mov), Windows Media Video (.wmv) or MPEG (.mpg). Contestants may submit entries in one of the following way:
- UPLOAD the video to your YouTube account. Contestants must submit a link to your video's web address (for example, http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicMyPet1) on YouTube to Music My Pet via email along with name, address and phone number to be entered into the contest.
Posting of video submissions commence on 8 PM, Monday, September 26, 2011. All video submissions must be posted by 8:00 PM Monday, October 24, 2011. A winner or winners will be selected and notified by email on or about 8:00 PM, Monday, October 31, 2011.
Visit our Music My Pet Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-My-Pet/76666618362 or on our YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicMyPet1 for more information!
Prizes:All entries will be judged according to “Judging criteria” noted above. The top three videos will be eligible to be used without limitation, by Music My Pet for promotional purposes.
Winners will be selected by the judges. Prizes are as follows:
Grand Prize: $150
2nd place: $75
3rd place: $50
Odds of Winning are, typically be effected by the number of submissions received (that comply with contest rules).
Winners and entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity.
- The laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern this Contest, without regard to North Carolina's choice of law rules. The courts of North Carolina shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are responsibility of winner.
Winner Selection:After the contest closes, videos will be judged to see if they comply with the requirements of the contest. Those videos that do not comply will be disqualified. All the videos will be rated by a panel of judges from Music My Pet based on “Judging Criteria” (see above). A winner or winners will be selected and notified by email on or about 8 PM, Monday October 31, 2011.
The winner will receive $150.00 and the winning video will be posted on MusicMyPet.com (www.musicmypet.com) and the Music My Pet YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicMyPet1).
Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet reserves the right NOT to select winner(s) and/or use submissions, at its sole discretion. All decisions are made by Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet are final. Creative Sounds & Designs – Music My Pet reserves the right to postpone or terminate the contest without prior notice.